Thursday, April 7, 2011

Ready for more?

We are so excited to introduce you to our next designer, Barbara Jones of Quilt Soup!

“I am the luckiest girl on the planet! I am Barbara Jones of the QuiltSoup pattern company and I love what I do! I design fabric collections and patterns for original quilts that even beginners can make. I love appliqué and what it does for a quilt. I think it softens a quilt and provides a place for self expression when combined with traditional piecing.

You may have guessed that QuiltSoup specializes in appliqué for beginners. We use the needle turn method to make most of our samples but also carry several machine appliqué quilt patterns. We find that one can use any method of appliqué they prefer to make our quilts.


Some say our style is whimsical. That’s true, but I also think our quilts are clean. They are all original and, I hope, recognizable as QuiltSoup products. We like to have a little fun and to me, that means doing a block of the month. We have written 2 project books published by Kansas City Star that lend themselves nicely to a block of the month format.


Please enjoy our block design with our best wishes. And, by all means, stop by and say hello! We already have something in common….we all love quilts!”



The is a flower block made from our latest fabric line called “Cherry Fizz” for Henry Glass & Co (www.henryglassfabrics.com).

Here are some images from her upcoming line of fabric called "Over the River"

You can visit Barbara here:

4 comments:

Shasta said...

Hey Barbara!

I just got some of your darling Cherry Fizz for a booth sample.

Shasta~~Izzy & Ivy Designs

The Material Girls Quilts said...

Just love the Quilt Soup lady!! See ya soon neighbor:)
Nadine

Kristin said...

Love your Cherry Fizz line, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you've come up with to use it!

Kristin

Madame Samm said...

your block...is like a cherry in a martini...it has taste